Monday, July 7, 2014

Revamping a torn up couch for $30

We all get to a point where you need to save money and you want to be comfy. As everyone might already know, I am obsessed with Craigslist. I'm pretty sure Craig is my soul mate, and we will be together till the end of his time. (Which I hope never happens) I look on craigslist weekly for ideas and inspiration, and when I'm really on the hunt daily. I happened upon a ikea couch for $30, FLIPPIN steal right?! Then the gentleman emailed me back saying I could just have it for free and that it needed to be gone. Wellll, we found out upon arrival that the couch was free because it looked like someone had died on it and started to decompose.....




You cant really see the god awful stain, because not to brag, but I am a damn good cleaner. I used some oxiclean and fabric cleaner and went to town on this thing. But as you might be able to tell in some pictures it really wasn't enough. **Also I flea and tick sprayed the crap out of it before even bringing it into my home. I recommend when buying anything with fabric previously owned that you do the same. 


Couch covers are basically a god send for me. As you can see, Evangeline is a long haired cat. While she is the prettiest thing in the world, I want to shave her daily. I find hair EVERYWHERE. I hate it. So to be able to just lint roll thing thing and throw it into the washing machine is AWESOME. I bought a klippan couch cover that was going out of stock, so it was discounted and much cheaper. But, any places like walmart and target also have couch covers. The regular klippan covers are about $70. Which for getting a free couch, would still be a steal.

I know that this little tutorial doesn't really show a lot, I didn't have a stain before picture and I didn't go all out with a new cover. I was just really into the simple white one. But! There is a really awesome way to dye these couch covers and get even more bang for your buck here.
If you're in a really tight spot like I am, a free couch and a $30 cover is a live saver. Especially with the nonsense of having my things stolen, saving an extra buck or two is perfect for me. For the record, by the end of this 2 step project I saved way over $200. Not to mention that these klippan couches are actually extremely comfortable. Its the main couch in my house and as you can see Evangeline also loves it!
Yes, that is a Darth Vader mouse.





No comments:

Post a Comment