Friday, July 4, 2014

My pretty bad luck with the new apartment.

As some of you may already know.... My apartment got robbed. And that's why I haven't been posting anything. Almost everything I own got stolen. All of my clothes, shoes, tv, and laptop. They literally even stole my dirty underwear out of the laundry hamper. F-ING GROSS. Like really? Who does that? So gross. They also stole bathroom products like shampoos and face cleaners. They also stole one half of a pillow case, one said me and the other said you. They stole the "me" one. A little coincided. Hahahah they also destroyed a lot of my belongings and threw things around.

We know who stole all the items, but really right now we are trying to get the police to help us. Which has been the biggest "fuck you" to me. They haven't gotten anywhere. We have proof and a confession  and they still won't try to find them.  It's literally blowing my mind. There are pictures of the girls who stole my stuff wearing my clothes all over Facebook.

Anywayyssss. With almost everything I own being stolen, I've pretty much run out of money to do some of the big projects like the tv stand. So I will need to revise some of my plans as far as that goes.

So some advice from someone who is going through a burglary:
1. Pay for the damn storage unit. Don't let your stuff stay at a friends for a week or so. SPEND the money. It's worth not having to spend thousands of dollars. (Yes thousands) to rebuy your stuff.
2. If this does happen to you, start your own research before the police do. We found out who the people were and where they were before the police even returned my call.
3. I've always supported police officers but this situation has really given me a new out look on things. Don't expect it to work out. I literally have to harass the police for them to do anything. They haven't even started looking for the women and it has been over a week.
4. It's probably better to come to terms with the fact that you will not get your stuff back. I probably won't because the women will sell it all before the police find them. But if I do get anything back. I will be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment