Friday, July 11, 2014

Failed attempt at painting bottles

Welp, we finally had a project that turned out like complete crap, but really it was all my fault anyways. I went to michaels and picked up some paint for $0.59 plus coupons ;)
I have been collecting unique bottles from our bar at work, just to do this project. I've got some pretty cool ones so far!







We squeezed some paint on the inside of the bottles and just moved them around to cover the interior of the bottle. But as you can see in the picture to the right, the bottles were wet on the inside from the dishwasher*
*I put the bottles in the dishwasher to remove the labels, they get really warm in there and immediately after the cycle ends, the labels slip off. Then you use goo-be-gone to remove excess label glue.*




With the water being in the bottles mixed with the paint, the paint basically ran out of all the bottles.

Not to mention, my terrible cat knocked over two of the bottles and got paint ALL OVER my back deck. Which luckily I can sand and re-stain, but it still sucked.




I decided to give up this idea and just spray paint the outside of the bottles.


I got a couple of different spray paint colors so it didn't all look the same.


I have a lot more bottles, but they are still drying! But I think it was a really cheap little project that added some color to the shelves and tv area!

You can do paint on the inside of bottles, but make sure they are completely dry on the inside before you add the paint.


 This project saved bean and I sooo much moneyyyyyyy on decorating!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Will definitely be trying it. Also, are Bean and Evangeline the same cat? I'm thinking Bean must be her nickname...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, bean is her nickname because it rhymes. She has way too many nicknames. My mom calls her "little bitch" and my dad calls her "beasty cat." haha

      Delete
  2. Funny.. My mom calls my cat "the bastard cat". I'm still trying, and failing, to talk get into letting me bring him down here. I miss him terribly, and she haaaaatesss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, my mom is like "move back home!!!! But dont bring your cat... Hahaha

    ReplyDelete