Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Easiest lack table diy!

I still have some random lack tables hanging out around my house, so I decided to spice it up instead of doing another ottoman piece. I was trying to think of something stylish, cheap and easy to do! So I immediately thought... chevron...






All you're going to need is a lack table, good painters tape and white paint! I used our primer that we had left over. But you can easily use a couple cans of spray paint as well!


Ignore Gabe's feet, but here are the stripes I created with the painters tape. I didn't make them perfectly even because I wanted make the table look a little worn (which it already was) and I wanted to have it look rustic and modern to match the living room feel.









I did two or three coats of the primer so it would come out very white; to have a high contrast. During this stage I realized that I should have made the stripes thinner and more of them!

The table after the fact actually still looks really good, and looks nice right next to the ikea klippan couch!




Money break down:
Lack tables (buy used from craigslist) or new for less than $8
Spray paint runs about $5 (you might need two cans)
And the painters tape was about $3

This project took less than two hours and costs less than $15!





Now the best time of the day........




1 comment: