Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ikea lack coffee table diy!

Today I upgraded my plain lack table into something FANTASTIC! It is still a little tacky in the picture but over all AMAZING. I saw this idea on pinterest, but decided just to use the black coffee table my mom bought me when I first moved out, which cost $20.
I decided to reuse the stain that I had bought for the Louisiana love art. I measured out the table and found four boards that equaled 24" wide and 35.5" long. *fun fact lowes and home depot have a section where they can cut your wood for you to the exact size you need! FOR FREE. No coupons needed.
I did two coats of stain this time, and let them set. But I started to get a little anxious today and while the boards where still a little tacky I decided to glue them on to the table! Remember to choose which side of the board you would like as your display top! I chose the sides with the most character and knots.
I used a wood adhesive and a caulking gun. If you don't have a caulking gun, you can buy an adhesive that is in a tooth paste like container at your local hardware store. You're going to have to press on the boards a little bit to get them to stick, so I recommend you let your boards dry a little more. Or you can glue the boards first and then stain them!
Finish project turned out unbelievable, it is such a revamp of a $20 table!!

Here's a run down on the cost:

Ikea lack table   $19.99
Wood glue     $2.50
Boards         about $10 or less (depends on boards)
Stain(which I previously had)  $4.95


And now..... Your daily dose of EVANGELINE.
She is hiding under a rug...




1 comment: