Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lack table turns into worldly ottoman.

Remember that table I got for $1.50 at a garage sale? Yeah, its a master piece now. I love it so much that I didn't want to sell it! But I did, for $50. Score.

I was able to do this project with a lot of help from coupons and my boyfriends tool shed. When ever doing crafty projects and you are going to go to michaels, joanns, craftwarehouse, etc. GET COUPONS. Seriously, they are free, they are online. They are literally on the stores website. TAKE ADVANTAGE. You are literally throwing away money if you dont. I'm a littel extreme and will take a couple of days to get all my supplies for a project. (because michael only allows one coupon a day. Or I bring multiple people with me and cheat the system) Also check out store sales in general.
I mean, why not take advantage of this. I literally will be in line and let people use coupons off my phone just so they can get a quick deal. It's such a waste of money not to. End coupon rant.
For this project you are going to need a foam to fit your table. I used an ikea lack table, but you can use anything you want! I went to Joanns to get my foam.......... and later I found out that you can buy a huge camper pad at your local store for HALF the price of this stuff. DO THAT INSTEAD. Northwest, fredmyers has it for like $10. 
Then you're going to need some of this white padding. To smooth out the edges. Get it on sale, because this stuff can be stupid expensive and aint no body got time for that.This is by the yard, I only got one yard of this for my fabric and this batting.
You're going to need to cut your foam to the same size as your table. You aren't going to be able to cut it with scissors, it will end up really messy and crooked. So I recommend that you get a very sharp knife and cut slowly and precisely with a lot of patience.If you dont, your foam will look like how my boyfriend cut my foam. (insert angry frustrated face here)
LOOK AT THAT CRAP /rant. You will need to use a spray adhesive to connect the table and the foam, so nothing slides around all other the place. And when someone sits down, their butt won't make the cushion slide off.

Next you are going to cut the white batting and stable it to the bottom of the table. I cut my corners extras off and glued them to into a corner.
Next get your 1 yard of fabric and cut it to size. Make sure the cut is even to your pattern. Then iron your fabric so you wont have any wrinkles!
I ended up running out of stables for my gun, so I used some nails I had to make the Louisiana art piece. (check newest post) This actually made the ottoman look really awesome and it made it look a little old an industrial. I love these cheap nails! Super cool!! I nailed it down every 2 inches or so. 


The final end product was really satisfying, I also sold it for a lot more than it cost to make. Which was a great profit turn. I really loved this table, too bad I don't have room for it! But I do like this fabric so much that maybe a "make your own knife kit" tutorial should be a thing soon...





4 comments:

  1. Awesome! How did you reattach the legs to the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left enough room with the fabric that you could just screw the legs back in like a regular lack table!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? Because I’m going to start my website soon, but I’m a little lost on everything. Many thanks! Masteri Thao Dien Apartment for rent

    ReplyDelete